PotPlayer is a media player freeware developed by the South Korean online portal Daum, and designed to work on the Windows operating system (OS). Also known as Daum PotPlayer, this software allows video and music files to be displayed with high quality and at high speed. With a nice visuals and a flexible system of settings, you will be able to customize the playback speed, scale and even the point of transparency of the image.
I personally think PotPlayer is one of the most effective media players, comparable with VLC Media Player, because it is multipurpose, very fast and it contains all the necessary codecs built-in to support the most popular and modern formats, for both music and video. The most difficult point of this free player is the language. PotPlayer offers two versions, Korean and English. I recommend you to take care to select the appropriate version to download, which we offer in a direct link to in this review.
How to use
Once you install and open this download you can customize the appearance and the interface of the player, even the logo. You can configure almost any kind of parameters of PotPlayer: Audio, Video, Subtitle, Hardware, Playback and General settings (shortcuts, mouse, skin, logo, visualization, navigation, etc.). As for the video, you will be able to modify the color spaces, the video processing, the levels/offset, screen offset, deinterlacing and to resize the image.
You will be able to customize the playback speed, scale and even the point of transparency of the image
PotPlayer offers some interesting information about the file, such as the number of the audio channels, the bitrate, etc. About audio, you can make equalization, apply filters, manage the level of the volume, create normalization, reduce the noise, amplify the normalization, manage the Winamp DSP Pug-in, etc. PotPlayer's operation is simple and also function with keyboard shortcuts. You just have to open the file and play it. The principal window offers simple controls to play and modify some parameters, such as the transparency, direct with a button.
PotPlayer 1.6.59347 Features
These are some of the features of PotPlayer:
- PotPlayer is capable of playing damaged files and it has play memory. It remember the moment where you left off with the playing of the latest 200 files displayed
- PotPlayer can display media through a proxy and it offers the capability to turn off the computer at a predefined time
- It is totally customizable and it offers numerable skins
- Adjust dynamics parameters of sound with the EQ or normalize the volume
- PotPlayer can take screenshots during the displaying
- Allows connecting DSP plug-in. You can add some video filters to clean the video, make a grading or de-noising, adjust the lightness and get a better image quality
- Advanced subtitles. It supports subtitles integrated in 3GP, MKV, MOV, OGM or MP4 files, including ASS and SAA. You can add some effects to the subtitles
- Built-in DXVA codecs. It supports almost any format
If you want know more about PotPlayer before you download it, check the developer’s website .
The minimum system requirements for a correct installation are of PotPlayer the following:
- Operating System: Windows 2000 (32Bit and 64Bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium with 133 MHz
- RAM Memory: 32 MB
- HDD Space: 16 MB of free space
Watch the movies you love in very good quality, listen the music that you want or the audiobook you need, and all with a single click. PotPlayer is a Daum software free of charge, and with a large number of codecs that enable the display of almost all popular multimedia formats.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
i am going to use pot player for purely pesonal home use on my laptop and not any commercial uses if thats the reason this is here.thank you
can play almost any kinds of file extensions. clear viewing. loud speaker volumes and easy to use because all features are already given. tnx a lot!