Vine is a video editor developed by Vine Labs, enterprise property of Twitter, and designed to create clips to share via Twitter. It is a free app and is open to Windows phone, iPhone, iPod touch and Android. The users of this application are known as Vinestar or Viners and form a community of more than 40 million of Viners.
It creates videoclips with a time limit: it cannot exceed six seconds
The intention of this application is to make the ability to share moments and ideas in a very fast way, accessible and available. Vine was born on January 24, 2013, and in the short time of its life, has generated great passion by creative fans, who never tire of mobilizing their messages and ideas very quickly with moving images. So, if your smartphone device has the use of a camera (I’m sure it has), you can create your own very short film to share on Twitter thanks to Vine.
How to use
The principal feature of Vine is that it creates videoclips with a time limit: it cannot exceed six seconds. The user of this app is capable of make a short creations called clips from their cellphone, by touching and holding on the screen to record. After recording, the user can add audio effects and can make a simple edits, thus shaping their message.
Vine offers Sessions to work, so you will be able to work on a short project, and if you want you can make a pause, and retake the session to continue with your message. Time Travel is another interesting feature with which you can delete, replace or reorganize the content of a shot; that is to say; Time Travel is Vine´s editing tool.
To enliven users’ participation, Vine’s team creates the Vine Mini Festivals. Vine Mini Festivals consist of topic suggestions to inspire you to create mini videos that fit with the proposed theme. From time to time, Vine’s team propose more topics, but there are so many short pieces created, with such high quality and entertainment value, that many rankings on YouTube were created with the most amusing or the best Vine videos.
Vine 3.1.5 Features
Below you can find the principal features of this app:
- This download is available in almost twenty languages
- It is available to following smartphone operating systems: iPhone, iPod Touch, Windows Phone 8 and Android
- It allows you to record, edit and apply effects to short pieces, for a maximum of six seconds
- Basic viewer functions: Watch clips by categories, Share, Like, Comment, Follow people
- It offers a Web service. Vine on Web offers the option to watch, share, like and comment on the short pieces uploaded to Vine (all these actions can be made via the phone)
If you want more information about this download, feel free to check the developer’s website .
The minimum system requirements for a correct download and installation are the following:
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8, Android 1.2.0 and iOS 1.1.3
- HDD: 12 MB of free space
- Some privacy permissions are required, and also permissions to access and use the phone’s hardware (microphone, data service, device identification, among others)
Created by and for Twitter, Vine is a mini videoclip recording, editing and sharing application. If the textual content on Twitter cannot exceed 140 characters, the audiovisual content is no less, and cannot exceed 6 seconds. It is no longer just a communication through online telegrams, but now also through clips.