eBay is a mobile app that allows for searching for products, bidding on them, keeping track of the progress of your auction as well as selling your own items. With it, you can have free access to the largest marketplace in the world, and manage your eBay activity on the go. You can get up-to-the-minute information of what’s going on in your account, thanks to a simple dashboard view in which you will only have to tap on a topic in order to get its details. Similarly, you can set up alerts and notifications to stay informed on your auctions and watched items status.
Access to the largest marketplace in the world, and manage your eBay activity on the go
One of the strengths that this app offers is the synchronization with the eBay website when it comes to selling a product. Similarly, a highly appreciated feature is the Barcode Scanner, which allows you to import the details of a product in few seconds. eBay also includes an Advanced Search option. However, some users have criticized this module, claiming it could be improved.
How does it work?
Once you are done with the download and the setup process, you and are ready to live your eBay experience in your mobile phone, you can look for products using the the built-in browser or just with the Advanced Search module. At that moment you can decide whether to bid for the item or mark it as watched. In this sense, you can set up notifications to stay up-to-date on their status. You will have access to ‘Watching’, ‘Buying’ and ‘Selling’ items in My eBay activity. There, you can also see your Saved items as well as your Reminders and Messages.
Selling an item is really simple. You should first snap a picture of the product, then type in a few details. eBay will suggest a price point for the product and how much shipping will cost. You will be able to keep track of your listings and selling patterns. You can use the Barcode Scanner in case you need to import some item specification or photos right into your listings. The information will be automatically included.
eBay 3.5.1 Features
The unique features of eBay are the following:
- Synchronization between the webpage and the phone app
- Buyer Alerts to get notifications on the status of auctions and watched items
- My eBay menu dashboard displays items and their details in a simple and visual way
- Tracking of listings, watched items, bids and selling activity
- Barcode Scanner to import product details (specifications and photos) right into your list
- Advanced Search Module with several filters, including category, price range, condition or buying format, amongst others
- Ability to share items on social networks like Facebook or Twitter or via SMS or email
If you want to read more information about eBay before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install eBay in your mobile phone are:
- Android 1.6 Donut or later
- iOS 6.0 or later
- Compatibility with iPad and iPod touch