Simple is a mobile banking app that will help you to keep organized and control your funds in a non-traditional way. Its saving and budget tools will enable you to spend smarter. Its Safe-to-Spend and Goals modules will help you to make better and more intelligent financial decisions. Safe-to-Spend subtracts pending transactions, upcoming bill payments and saving goals from your available balance, in order to tell you how much you can spend. Goals gives you two options: “Save over time” and “Save it now”.
Its save and budget tools will enable you to spend smarter
Simple also includes tools to automatically categorize and analyze your spending, for you to have a clear insight of where your money goes; with plenty of details like location, time, type of merchant, etc. In addition, you can jot down a phone number, rate the purchase or snap a picture of every transaction. One of the most appreciated features from Simple is its reliable customer service. The Help staff can answer your queries through -almost instant- phone calls, emails or tweets. However, some users have criticized the fact that this in an invite-only app, something that restricts access to many people. After requesting to sign up, users will have to wait until they are given an account.
How to use this utility
Once you have gone through the download and installation process and got an account, you will get a Simple VISA card free from fees. With it, you will be able to withdraw cash from ATMs and make purchases like you do with ordinary bank debit cards. Simple will notify you with every transaction and change made in your account. You will receive alerts even if you have funds available. You can also make transfers or pay bills, for instance.
Simple knows people are concerned about their data privacy. That is why this banking utility consciously requires strong passwords as well as an extra PIN for blocking access to unauthorized users. This turns to be especially useful when your mobile gets stolen or lost. Similarly, Simple insures your money with the FDIC limit ($250,000 at the moment) and never sells or shares your personal information.
Simple 1.7.0 Features
The unique features of Simple are:
- Automatic synchronization of transactions with notifications
- Ability to attach images, comments or receipts to transactions
- Sends payments, adds payees and schedules one-time and recurring bill payments
- Goals module allows keeping track of the money being saved
- Allpoint network to find nearby free from fees ATMs (55,000 available)
- Built-in browser that supports hashtags
- Photo Check Deposit
- “Save over time” and “Save it now” options
- Memos to monitor and organize spending
- Ability to block and unblock your credit card directly from the app
- Visualize every transaction’s details: spending category, receipts, map location, etc.
- Instantly know how much you can spend thanks to Safe-to-Spend
If you want to read more information about this mobile banking utility before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install Simple are listed below:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- iOS 5.0 or later
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch