Cal is a free calendar app that can be used with both Android and iOS. It syncs in real-time with iCloud, Google Calendar, Facebook, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook, Yahoo and AOL; and it also integrates Any.Do, the award-winning planning tool. Cal includes a timeline to quickly identify your events as well as the free moments you might have among your personal and professional tasks. This utility will help you to get organized and maintain total control over your life.
It syncs in real-time with iCloud, Google Calendar, Facebook, Outlook, Yahoo and AOL; and it also integrates Any.Do
Cal has a calendar resizable widget for Android. This way you will be able to take a look at your appointments without needing to open the app. However, there are some drawbacks Cal users have mentioned. For instance, they miss a Search function for browsing, the ability to use their own images as themes for events and a better working widget.
What can I do with this utility?
Once you are done with the download and installation, you will be able to connect your existing calendar services and Any.Do in order to sync tasks and appointments in real-time. Then, you can start scheduling and creating events and daily, weekly or monthly plans. You can add by typing or speaking, using the voice-recognition tools that Cal offers. Mark them as done when they are completed.
You can feel free to set background photos for events (there are 9 themes available), add descriptions and places to them, even tag people. If you enter a destination for a meeting or appointment, Cal will display it on a map thumbnail. Click on the image to get directions from the navigation app you have installed (Google Maps, Waze, Uber, etc.). You not only can view Facebook friends’ birthdays, but also congratulate them simply tapping once on the icon. And the same comes to making a call or sending a message: there are direct-access buttons under every birthday reminder. You can even buy this person a gift!
Cal 1.4.0 Features
The unique features of Cal are:
- Syncs with several calendars such as iCloud, Google Calendar, Facebook, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook, Yahoo and AOL
- Timeline to have a clear insight of your next days’ planning
- Ability to add people, comments and locations to appointments
- Task Tracker function to integrate Any.Do to-do tasks lists
- Resizable widget for Android to be on top of your next events
- Ability to set custom reminders or choose among the ones available
- Nine photo themes including Fashion, Landscape or Art
- Several views available, such as Landscape, which now includes a Weekly view
- Voice recognition and text prediction tools
If you want to read more information about Cal before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install Cal in your mobile are listed below:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later
- iOS 6.0 or later
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad