BBC iPlayer, also known as iPlayer, developed by BBC, is a web service and mobile application to view the British public television via Internet. Watch TV shows live, via streaming, it works with both WiFi and 3G connections. In the schedule are programs that have never before been offered outside the UK, and there is no need to have a TV license to access to BBC iPlayer’s programming.
Part of the schedule is offered in the FREE section
BBC iPlayer is based in a peer-to-peer technology to distribute TV shows on demand in an efficient way; it offers the ability to listen and watch the BBC Radio and TV programming of the last seven days. This platform offers more than 3,000 hours of TV shows, and you will be able to access new hits and also classic programs.
How to use
The interface is simple and handy, with a quick menu that includes the most popular programming. The schedule is classified by genres; there are 13 categories available to search and access to the most famous British TV in high quality (HD). You can view the schedule to know the upcoming shows.
This app allows you to enjoy the BBC iPlayer schedule in live everywhere via streaming and offers the capability to get TV shows to view in offline mode during a month. For this option you have to be a subscriber. Similarly, you have to be a subscriber to some kind of content, but part of the schedule is offered in the FREE section.
One attractive feature is that you can use larger screens. If you have AirPlay, you can enjoy the list of programs in your Apple TV device, if you don’t have it, you can do it through an HDMI adaptor connecting your TV with a cable. Something very attractive if you have children is that you can apply a parental control.
BBC iPlayer 3.1.1 Features
The main features of this program are:
- This mobile app and the whole service are available in English
- The list of programs is classified by categories such as Arts & Culture, Drama, News Specials, Comedy, Science & Nature, Documentaries, Sci-Fi, Family & Kids and Entertainment
- There is an option to extend an iPad subscription to other iOS devices. One subscription for many devices
- It allows parental control
- It offers more than 3,000 hours of programming
- This app offers to customize the image quality in two modes
- It offers toggle subtitles
- BBC iPlayer offers three offline modes: Watch anywhere, Keep for 30 days and Download. The download service to offline mode is available through WiFi and 3G connection.
To get more information about this software, feel free to check the developer’s website .
This are the minimum system requirements to install BBC iPlayer:
- Operating System: Android 2.2 and iOS 6.0 or later
- HDD Space: 10 MB
- You don’t need TV license to enjoy the programming on your mobile device
- It offers a download service
- You can enjoy your favorite British programs outside of the UK
- It offers both, subscription programming and a free section
- It is available only in English