OneDrive is Microsoft’s official service for cloud storage, recently released and now compatible with portable devices. Developed by the Redmond Company, this online software lets you save and download your documents, videos and images directly from any compatible device, such as smartphones, tablets or even Xbox consoles, just by signing up to your free account.
The application takes the former SkyDrive features and enhances its overall functionality apart from from the addition of more functions. Having installed the software on your device, you will be able to upload and download the archives of your folders, and those with content that you already have permission to overwrite. Having your own files online grants immediate access as long as you have an Internet connection.
OneDrive offers the possibility of modifying your documents online thanks to the online Office tools Microsoft offers. This way it enables real-time collaboration with your class partners or co-workers simply by establishing the necessary permissions on your folders to share. OneDrive synchronizes the modifications you make to your local documents if you have already uploaded the file to your account. This way you can work comfortably on your device without worrying about uploading updated versions of the same document.
Sky was limit, now has been surpassed
The cloud storage service has been very handy in recent years for many reasons. You can backup your personal files on the Internet, instead of using physical devices, or share your files with your family and friends in a blink of an eye. OneDrive offers 7GB of free space the moment you first sign in to the online application. This space can be increased through invitations to people you know, or through other payment methods that are not really necessary for the average user.
OneDrive enhances the performance for mobile phones enabling immediate access to recent files very quickly
The download of the application to your device increases its functionality and usability. With the installation of this software, the user will be able to manage the content without accessing through an Internet browser. In smartphones and tablets it is very useful for saving time in uploading pictures and videos you take with the device’s camera. OneDrive enhances the performance for mobile phones enabling immediate access to recent files very quickly.
OneDrive 17.3.5907.0716 Features
Check the features of OneDrive for any of your devices:
- Access immediately to your files from your personal cloud storage service
- Instant photo and video upload from your smartphone or tablet device the moment you take it on your camera
- Share any kind of content establishing different permissions that allows you to modify or read-only the documents on the online folders
- Modify the documents you have stored directly online thanks to the Office tools of Microsoft offers
- Quick access to recent documents you already opened from the application
- Create and share links to your saved documents on your personal account
For more information about the Microsoft application, you can visit the official website through this link.
Check the minimum specifications for OneDrive on your devices:
- Operating System: available for Android, iOS 6.0, Mac OS X 10.7.3, Windows Phone 7.5, Windows Vista SP2 or later
- Processor: 1.6GHz for Windows and Intel-based CPU for Mac
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Size: 6MB free space on disk
OneDrive 17.0.4035.0328: the power to save anything in cloud by using all your portable devices.
By Jackson Asumbi
On Tuesday, May 19, 2015
If you are a user of any portable device such as a smartphone or even a tablet and would like to save documents in cloud this is just the perfect software. Developed by Redmond Company, OneDrive will help you download all media content direct from the internet and save them in cloud form in all your portable devices.
For pone to use one drive they need to first sign up an account which shall be used to sign in in to their accounts and enjoy the services of this software. Just like SkyDrive this application takes all the features of the latter but comes with more advancement to make its performance even better. The online office tools for Microsoft found in this app are very useful when one wants to modify their documents online.
With this type of storage offered by OneDrive users are able to create backups for their files online and can even share the same files with other people very fast.
- - It offers free space for all storages of files to new members
- - Can allow modification of files online to give them desired content and looks
- - Saves time in uploading of picture and videos in portable devices
- - Requires use of internet which is costly
- - Will require a sizeable amount of memory space
One Drive Cloud 17.0 by Microsoft review by James Meyette
By James Meyette
On Monday, August 4, 2014
One Drive formerly known as SkyDrive(Windows Live Folders) Is a free File Hosting Service offered by Microsoft, there is also a premium version that gives you access to more space. If you are a Windows 8.1 user than you have been using it since updating to 8.1. One of the great things about it is that it is available on computers as well as mobile devices so you can always have access to the folders that are saved with in.
OneDrive offers the ability to make new folders and has an intuitive interface allowing you to easily keep track of what folders have what in them and where you want to put certain types of folders to deal wih certain things. It is one of the best Cloud services out there.
As of this posting OneDrive is available in ninety four languages the amount of storage you get as a free user is 15GB and you can have much more for purchasing the product.
Overall OneDrive is a great product packed with as many features as you would expect to see from a cloud service.
- Save all your files in onle place
- Supports Many File and data Types
- Accesible from nearly all devices with access to the internet
- Only 15GB are available for free users
- Price of the purchase is considered high for some