Evernote is a free app that will allow you type notes, store documents, record audio or capture a photograph, amongst other things. It syncs across devices so all your notes, files, images and web clips will be available on your tablet, computer or on any other device you use. Its built-in search engine will help you find them all quickly: it will even search for text inside images!
It will allow you type notes, store documents, record audio or capture a photograph
Similarly, you can save entire websites in your Evernote account, grabbing the whole page and keeping its text, links and images as they were online. This is made possible thanks to web clipper browser extensions Evernote includes, such as Google Chrome's. In Evernote you are able to share your notes and work collaboratively in projects, too. Nevertheless, the main drawback of Evernote is the fact that not all its functions are equally implemented for mobile and computer.
How to use this utility
Once you are done with the download and setup of Evernote, maybe the first thing you will do is create your first note. Keep in mind that there's no limit on the stuff you can type in a note and that you can later group several notes into notebooks or use tags to better identify them. Almost any kind of content can be captured in a note: text, emails, checkboxes, photos, audio, web clips, PDFs and other files... However, in case you want to instantly save something you saw online, then you should use Evernote's Web Clipper browser extension. With just one single click, you will be able to save entire webpages without altering its text, URL or images.
You can also use Evernote to set reminders and alerts or create to-do lists. This app offers a powerful built-in search module that will allow you browse any keyword, even within photos or documents. Thanks to Evernote you can share your notes as screenshots or URLs via email and social networks. Moreover, Evernote allows you to protect all your notes with passwords and PINs, preventing any unauthorized guests accessing them.
Evernote 188.8.131.522 Features
The unique features of Evernote are the following:
- Ability to type notes and store documents
- Synchronization across devices
- Ability to record audio and snap pictures
- Web Clipper with extensions for web browsers like Google Chrome
- No content limit for notes
- Notes can be tagged and grouped into notebooks
- Ability to set up time reminders and event notifications
- Powerful built-in browser that even recognizes text within documents and images
- Ability to share notes via email or social networks such as Facebook or Twitter
- Password and PINs protection
- Three themes available: Bright, Dark or Classic
If you want to read more information about Evernote before you download it, feel free to visit the developer's site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install Evernote are listed below:
- Android 2.1 Eclair or later
- iOS 7.0 or later
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch